Thursday, October 14, 2010

Journey

Have you ever had anybody tell you how cool Journey is and how cool it is?
When told this, I ask the person to tell me one of there songs. Immediately they start singing "just a small town girl living in a". They never get to tell me what the girl lives in, because I cut them off with a, "No, I mean a different song," to which I am replied with a "Uhhhh.....".
-_-
If you don't know any other songs by Journey other than Don't Stop or Anyway You Want it, you don't LOVE Journey. You like one or two of their songs.

When I explain this to my mother, she laughs and responds, "You are your father's daughter." And I take pride in that (naturally). I mean, come on, I don't think I could have been blessed with anything better than my sense of judgement.

Okay, just kidding. I have better blessing than that. But seriously - having an opinion, knowing my opinion, and being able to share is important, and I am tremendously that all of those things come naturally to me. I mean, I would hate to sit by quietly while inside I was blowing up with anger because someone was saying something stupid. No. I open my mouth and tell the person, "Hey, you're dumb." Okay, just kidding, I don't say it like that. But what I mean is that I let them know that they are making a stupid choice or saying something that is causing their IQ to decrease rapidly.

So, I think that's a good skill to have - being able to make your opinion known. Now, I don't mean you have to say "Ew, you look ugly today" or "you're stupid" to every person you feel that way about. That's just mean. But if you have something to say that you seriously want people to know, it helps to have practice.

Anyway, I'm going to fall asleep at the keyboard. Konbon Gozaimasu!
(that's good evening in japanese, I believe.... now I need to check my papers to make sure. PARANOIA)

No comments:

Post a Comment