Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Best Prank EVER

OH my goodness gracious! Holy Cow!

Let me begin by saying that I wore very bright blue flip flops to seminary today. They are old and not so comfortable, so when I got to gym class later in the day, I switched from them to my new brown ones because they are newer and more comfortable.

The next period, Kimberly noticed the change and said in great exclamation: "Emma! Weren't you wearing blue flip flops this morning?" It was only then that I realized what I could pull here. How much I could mess with her was what I wanted to test, and only then did I form together the plan. So I said in reply,

"Oh yeah, Kimberly, don't you know? I carry around extra pairs of flip flops? No, I was not wearing blue flip flops!"

Kimberly threw her hands over her head in frustration. "No, they were blue! I specifically remember thinking that they were super blue."

"Maybe you are thinking of a different day. I've been wearing brown flip flops all day, Kimberly."

We argued about this for the rest of the period. I'm pretty sure I had her. She said she didn't believe me but in her mind there was still the 'what if' element, and that was good enough for me.

So the next period I had to go into state testing, so Kimberly and I were seperated. Anna and I went into the lab and sat next to each other. That was when I told her about what I'd been doing with the flip flops, and Anna laughed. She told me she had black ones in her tennis bag that I could use

SCORE!!!

So we switched flip flops, so now I had black ones on. It was during lunch that Kimberly noticed the change and threw her hands over her head again.

"No way! Emma! Your flip flops were brown!"

"Oh yeah, Kimberly. I carry around THREE pairs of flip flops, didn't you know? Are you kidding me? Kimberly, I thought we already went over this. My flip flops have been black all day."

"Okay, maybe they weren't blue this morning, but I KNOW they were brown!"

"Yeah. OKAY Kimberly," I said sarcastically.

Of course just before we got to fifth period we ran into Anna, and the crazy girl decided to PULL MY FLIP FLOPS OUT! I was so dead! Kimberly saw and said, "EMMA! I knew it!"

I grabbed the flip flops and ran for it. I put them on, gave Anna hers, and ran to math class. It wasn't until I sat down that I faced the consequences.

"I TOLD YOU! I told you! I knew they were brown!"

So I caved. But not all the way. I still had the blue flip flop trick to pull. So I lied again. This was all a joke I would spill at the end of the day, mind you, so it wasn't a big lie or anything.

"Okay, so they were brown. But that's because me and Anna switched during fourth period so that way she could have better quality ones for Tennis."

"So why did she give them back, HM!?"

"That's because she decided she might never give them back if I lent them to her, so she decided to keep hers."

"Then why did you lie to me about it!?"

"I thought it would be funny because you thought I switched earlier. But I really have had brown ones all day other than fourth period, I promise."

Satisfied with this, I went about the day, sure I had fooled her.

After school I told her I needed to go to the locker room to get my socks, since I wore flip flops and I needed socks for tennis shoes for gym. So when we got there was when I opened my locker and pulled out the socks and, inevitably, the blue flip flops. She died yelling at me. It was SO FUNNY!

"You BIG LIAR! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew this whole time you had blue flip flops!"

She kept going on about it, but I was satisfied because I knew that even though she had known I'd been wearing blue flip flops, she still had some sort of doubt. The face she had was priceless. I'm now contemplating not posting this so that way I can do it to someone else. Other people can do this too. It was SO FUNNY!

Later on I explained to her that Anna had been in on it and she really hadn't needed my flip flops, and that Leif knew as well. She was so embarrassed. Not in a bad way though. She was fine with it. She thought it was hilarious. Aw man, if only that kind of thing would work two days in a row. I'd love to get that reaction again.

1 comment: